Thursday, September 3, 2009

This Week's Soapbox......61 Yr. Old Stranger Slaps Child in Walmart!

I do not like kids. I know, I know! I have 3 grandchildren that I ADORE! I don't like kids that don't belong to me in some capacity. By that I mean that they are related to me in some form and I have some control over their behavior, or they are kids of friends and I am comfortable comforting the child or children, or politely correcting them.
The kids that belong to strangers that are in the mall, grocery store, Walmart or a restaurant crying and the parents are ignoring them are the ones I do not like.

If you are within earshot of me and your kid is in the grocery cart crying because it wants something and you've said no, I'm the one who will say loud enough for you to hear me "Give the kid whatever it wants to make it shut up! Nothing aggrevates me more. I can't stand a kid that's crying or whining in public. Especially in restaurants. I want to enjoy the conversation and people that I'm with, even if it's only my husband. I want to enjoy my meal and relax. I cannot do that with a kid crying, whining, screaming or just misbehaving child or children at the next table! Take the child out of the restaurant, mall or store until it calms down, or give it something to make it stop!
HOWEVER, I do NOT condone the action of the 61 year old man who slapped this crying child in Walmart! The baby he slapped is 2 years old! He warned the mother "If you don't shut that baby up, I'll shut her up for you!" Apparently she could not get the toddler to stop crying and the man slapped the child 4-5 times! He is under arrest and charged with 1st degree cruelty to children! He could face 20 years. To a 61 year old man, that could turn out to be a life sentence!

No comments: