Sunday, August 24, 2008

If ya don't hear from me.......

Well, After I sign off here tonight, I have to disconnect my computer. She needs to go to the "doctor". And no, not Dave, either. He's in Arkansas. I don't think it would be cost effective to sent my unit down to him.
Dean's buddy Paul, who used to live next door to Dean's mom, is a computer guru like Dave. I even think his job is similar to Dave's.
We contacted him and he said he would take a look if we brought our computer to him. I know we need more RAM, so that's one problem. And when I gave Dav remote access and HE looked around in my computer's innards, he said we had a bunch of adware and spyware and that would cause problems.
So, we will see what Paul finds. I think he'll have it a couple of days. we'll see. Depending on what HE finds, we will either buy more RAM and some upgrades for this one, or just keep using it the way is until we can buy a new one. It depends on that cost effectiveness thing.......
______________________________________
Dean and I had to go to the funeral home today. Another one of his mom's neighbors died. Joe. He seemed like a good egg for the time I knew him. His wife passed last year in May. Now he was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and was given the option to give up driving or have surgery on a valve in his heart. Joe didn't want to give up the freedom of being able to drive, so elected to have the surgery. Unfortunately, he died on the operating table.
They thought his chances of surviving the surgery were good, from what I understand. Guess they were wrong about that. I would have given up the drive's license if it were me at that age. If I get some desease that is going to number my days, don't tell me. I don't want to know. If there's a cure that's guaranteed, then maybe. But otherwise, don't tell me. I don't want to sit around just crossing the days off the calendar.

No comments: