Monday, January 7, 2008

What is going on in the world?

Or should I say what in the world is going on? Today, one of the girls that work in the back at Parker called and said her fiance' died. He was 44 years old. She had called off work today because she didn't feel well, and since he is a landscaper for a cemetery, he doesn't work in the winter, so he was home. She said he has been coughing and hacking lately and she has been urging him to go to the doctor or to the ER. He wouldn't do either. So, he went into the bathroom today and she heard a thump like he had fallen. She went to check and couldn't get the bathroom door open cause he had collapsed right in front of it. She finally was able to force the door open enough to get to him and he gasped twice and then quit breathing. She called the paramedics, but the could not revive him after working on him for 30 - 45 minutes. They had to call the coroner.

Then after dinner, I check my emails. There's one from my life long friend, Pam. Her sister, Miki (Michele is her right name), who is 9 1/2 years YOUNGER than us, died suddenly yesterday of what turned out to be a brain aneurysm. 37 years old and just gone. She would have been 38 in June. She and her husband Jim, have a daughter, 9 years old. How sad for both. I called Pam and got the details. Jim and Miki had no life insurance, no money, nothing. They couldn't find a funeral home that would take her. Finally Pam's daughter who has a friend that works at Henney's in South Park said they would give her a proper service. But again, they had no money, so it will be a 1 hour viewing with a short service afterward then she will be cremated.............

You just never know when your number will be up. So live life like your number is up next.
_________________________________________________________
On another note.....I had my 100th post!! What a milestone!It was my post from last Thursday. It says it 101, but a while back I had a post with nothing on it because I thought the post I was trying to post didn't post, so I re posted only to realize later that it actually posted and the second attempt was a blank post. My nephew had commented "Boy, when you have nothing to say, you really have nothing to say!"......

No comments: