Sunday, January 13, 2008

A sad thing; Two for two; A funny thing happened on the way to.....

I went to the funeral for my friend Pam's sister, Michele. It was sad. As all funerals are. The family and friends gather to pay tribute and or say goodbye to their loved one. It has to be the hardest thing at that moment to have to say goodbye. Pam was inconsolible when it was time to go to the other room for the service. All I could do was hug her as did her husband. She just didn't want to leave her sister. I so understand that. It's so hard to say goodbye. I do have to say that the funeral home did a nice job on her. She looked like I remember her. I think the last time I saw her was at her parents' house right after she got married. I was at her wedding too. She got married the summer after my mom broke her hip. I feel so sorry for her little girl. She looks so much like her mom and really reminds me of her when she as that age and Pam and I hung out together in jr. high and high school. And that's all I have to say about that.
________________________________________________________
Well, it's playoff time! As you have seen on a much earlier post, we have a football pool at work every week and it continues in the playoffs. I won last weeks pool with one wrong (just about everyone else had one wrong as well) and I won on points! After yesterdays games with Green Bay and the NE Pats being victorious I am 2 for 2! I need the Colts and the Giants to win today! alot of people at work took Dallas, but I thing NY can beat them. Eli is not Peyton, but hopefully he got some advice from big brother..........
________________________________________________________
Well, it once again is mid January and the annual Pittsburgh RV show was in full swing this past week. It started on the 5th and runs through today. Dean and I have made it a tradition to go check things out every year as we plan to buy a new camper once the truck is paid off in 2 years. You can really get a deal with some of the RV show specials! So, we parked in the lot at the beginning of the Strip District and saved $5 on parking at the Convention center. So we walked from the car and a funny thing happened on the way to the RV show. We crossed the street, went around the back of half of the building (the building has a road that goes through the middle of the bottom floor)and went to cross the street and as we stepped on to the street to cross, my foot landed on one of the expansion joints in the concrete! You know how they fill them with that gray, rubbery stuff? Well, it gave and my ankle turned pretty good! I stumbled, but luckily Dean and I were holding hands and he was at least able to stop me from landing on my face! I thurt and I limped for a good while, but I was a trooper and went in to the show and looked at tons of RV's! Over 4 hours worth! We did stop to have a dog and fries, but kept water bottles with us and just chugged along. I must say that we have gotten more picky about the ones we actually go in and check out. The ist year we went, we went in just about all of them! Now, we don't go into fifth wheels cause our truck can't tow 99% of them, or travel trailers with bunk rooms, cause we don't have any kids that go with us. We just need a Queen bed, a big bath, a nice kitchen area with work space so Dean can do what he does best-be the chef-and I nice living area. We saw quite a few that fit the bill and the monthly payment was what we are looking for-about helf of what the truck payment is. Since our unit is 30 years old, we know they can last a long time with the right maintenance and care!
Back to my ankle. When we got home and I took my shoes off, is when it stared to hurt. It was swollen, so Dean wrapped it in an Ace Bandage for me. I took an 800mg Motrin and kept it propped up on the couch. We watched the football games and had dinner and then while Dean was watching the midget cars on PPV, I fell alseep. I woke and he told me I was snoring, so it wasn't long and I went to bed. The ankle feels better today, not aching, but when I put weight on it, it feels like something in there is pinching slightly. I'll stay off of it today and then it should be fine..........

Wish me luck on today's games! We used the Pats/Jags game for points and I only took 49 total points. 30 to 21 = 51 points. I might be okay there. I think alot of people took 52 or more..............

No comments: