Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A note to my nephew..........

In my last post, I gave a day by day account of our vacation at Eldora Speedway. Dave wanted to know (as per his comment) how did I not go stir crazy? Well, first of all, I find camping very relaxing, unlike him. You lived in your camper for a period of time. Did you go stir crazy? Yeah, you probably did. But, I take novels to read and lose myself in those. It's really where I do most of my reading, and I love to read! Dean cooks the meals, so my job is dishes. The dogs need to be walked several times a day, unlike at home where I can just tie them to there leads and let them in the back yard when they need to go potty. Keeping the camper tidy and clean is time consuming. My husband isn't particular about what or how much stuff he puts on the counter tops and table, which in the camper, is limited space to begin with! When you clutter it up, the whole camper looks messy, so I spend alot of time tidying and cleaning, which is a chore at a dirt track! The gates to the track are open during the day, so we walk in there and neb (Pittsburgh word for being nosey) around. And I like to sit and watch all the people and neb at what kind of camper they have and what do they pull it with, or just sit and talk to folks that are our "neighbors" and find out where they're from and stuff about their racing experiences. Tommy (with the white hair) and Kevin stopped by our campsite to visit, shoot the breeze and share some food.

It's really nice to not have to go to work, or answer phones or watch tv or email people and stuff. Although, I do miss my access to my online banking. Writing all that you spend down on paper like back in the day sucks. Too much cypherin'. So, no, I don't go stir crazy. I just enjoy the experience!
Here's Dean just enjoying himself while relaxing on the "patio".

Oh, and Dave? The peelin' thing. You had gotten a bad sunburn (back when you still had hair and you were still single.) I think you were livin' in VA then. Nick and I lived in Pap's basement as per our usual, were up till all hours gabbing and I peeled the skin off of your sunburned legs. Which was a feat considering how hairy they are!

1 comment:

--David said...

Yeah, I did go stir crazy in mine, but I can see where getting away from (not quite) everything would be relaxing...

I fully remember the peelings and I look back now and wonder how in the world I could stand it... Of course, it's different if you're the one BEING peeled versus DOING the peeling... Being peeled is no where near as 'gross'... :-)