Thursday, January 3, 2008

I know, I know; A fast Christmas vacation; Happy New year to you too!

Well, so much for not having that lapse in blogging. I had every intention of jotting in this or that while my sister was here, but it just didn't happen. I didn't want to spend time away from her and after she went to bed, I was too tired to even think of posting............

Christmas day was such a whirlwind. Dean and I got up and dressed and opened our gifts to each other. He got a PS2 with extra controller and 3 games, an Earnhardt, Sr. TV table for the camper so he doesn't have to use the step stool for a table when we sit outside, chocolate covered nuts, a christmas apron since he IS the cook, and just to be funny, I got him the Reynolds zip loc gizmo that suck the air out of the freezer bags. We have a FoodSaver, but when you only have to do a little meat sometimes, it's a pain to drag that out. I got a Hitachi DVD recorder/camera. It is so cool cause it takes stills and video on dvd. I got chocolate covered pretzels, body wash and hair clippies. Then he went and got Sara, Jordan and Henry so we could do Christmas with them. While he was gone, I brought out their presents and straightened up so the mess was kept in tow. Jordan had a great time, but he is such a neat gift unwrapper. He tears the paper and hands you each piece that he rips off. He seemed to really like his toys once they were out of the box. He tried to ride his tricycle, but his legs are a bit short and he can't pedal yet. His mom and dad took him on the back street to try and ride it. He didn't want to come back in when it was time! We had dinner and Jordan played some more while I tried out the new camera on my favorite subject for photographing--Jordan of course! Then Dean took them all home and I cleaned up again and just relaxed the rest of the evening and the next day. My sister was coming the next day and to my surprise my son came into town! He was staying at my brother's, so I went Thursday morning to see him and we went to lunch, I took him for a haircut, and bought him some personal items he needed. Then we headed back to my brother's so we were there and ready when it was time for all of us to go to the airport to pick up Dar! I didn't think that the car was going fast enough! We had about 15 minutes before Dar would be there, so we parked and went down by baggage claim to meet her! I kept pacing and pacing. Then--there she was coming down the escalator! I ran to her and hugged and hugged her! We went and found Bill and Nick and waited for the bags to come off the plane. Then back to Bill's for a bit and then home. She stayed with Dean and I through Sunday and the rest of the week with Bill and Patty. She said she had to be fair, but I DON'T THINK SO! Saturday, we just hung out then went to get Jordan and he opened his presents from Aunt Dar. Then we all went to see Dar's friend Dorothy and she put out quite a spread! Everything was delicious!. Jordan played with Dorothy's grandchildren's box of toys and had a blast. He wasn't feeling good, he had been sick at his tummy the night before, but was pretty well behaved. Back home and Jordan spent the night. Sunday we went to Kohl's and I got new shoes, and then Toys R Us so Dar could get Jordan's birthday present and a gift for the soon to be little brother of Jordan. We took Jordan to his other granny's and then we went to Walmart and the store. Back home in time for the Steeler game and Bill and Patty to come over so we all could have Christmas together. That was ok, but some things were discussed about Nick that maybe should have been for another time. It ripped my heart out! I love Nick with all my heart, but some things from the past I am not ready, and may never be ready, to forget. I will help him when I can, he is my kid, but I cannot live with him or have him in my house. Anyway, we had a nice dinner and got great gifts from one another! Then they took my sister and went home.
Sometime in the middle of the night, a stomach bug hit me with avengence! I ran to the toilet all night, just so sick at my stomach. Got done with that, and then dry heaves. Then the other end had to have a turn. TMI, I know. So, I just spent the day in bed. So sick. And just tired and feeling wrung out. I was going to try to venture to the party we planned on going to, but the hosts cancelled because they had the same bug! So, here we are, New Year's Eve, and I slept through it! In the middle of the night, about 24 hours after I first got sick, Dean started. So, he was sick New years' day! Happy New Year to you, too! I went and spent the evening over my brother's so as to spend more time with my sister. Then again on Wednesday. It was back to work for me and Dean today. And Dar flew home. (Yeah, I bet her arms are tired) So, it was a very fast Christmas vacation! I can't wait for this year's!

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out the new camera a bit more. Plus, my all in one printer fried, so, I have to get a new one so I can upload the stills from the memory card.........Sheesh. Tomorrow's Friday already. That's a good thing. I AM NOT doing anything this weekend but go bowling.........

1 comment:

--David said...

Your camera should be able plug directly into the computer without a card reader...

I agree that Christmas Day was not the right time to bring up all that stuff.

On the other hand, Nick is almost THIRTY. At some point, he is responsible for his own actions, etc. Yes, you are his Mother, but you have to protect yourself above everything. I know it is not easy from either direction, but trust is a very hard thing to rebuild, especially when it has been broken several times. It is the same kind of thing that I will never lend my brother money again.