Sunday, January 20, 2008

You should read directions; getting over Christmas; Going away

Well, I promised to post some pictures from Christmas that I took with my new camera, but when I uploaded them to the computer, they are all blurry. So, after taking ALL those pictures, I then decided to read the book in more detail than just reading to get started. I was just pushing the shutter button all the way down, rather than halfway and waiting for the little purple do flicky to show itself to tell me it has focused, then pushing it all the way down. So, I won't disturb you with the out of focus, dark, grainy pictures. When the book says read thoroughly before using your new camea, you should listen.
_________________________________________________
We have finally put most of Christmas away. Everything that gets stored here in the house is put away. The tree and the village are still up, but they get stored in the shed and since it has been really could the last few days, We will wait to put that stuff away for a few more days till it goes back up in the 30's or so.
_________________________________________________
This coming weekend, we are going to Winterfest at Nemacolin Woodlands. We tried to get a townhouse on the Nemacolin property for the weekend about a month ago or more, but they were all booked. Even the big double rooms were booked. Since Tom and Lisa are going too, we wanted to bunk together. So we are staying at the Holiday Inn in Uniontown and we will drive up the mountain to Nemacolin. Why are we going there? The Fabulous Gunslingers are playing, silly! The Holiday Inn has a great indoor pool and hot tub and a great poolside area. All indoors! Now that I know how to work the camera with pictures in focus, I will take some and post them when we get back!
__________________________________________________
On another note: Dean and I will become grandparents again tomorrow. Sara is having her second child via scheduled C-section. Jordan will be getting a little brother. His name will be Henry Michael. I will call him Michael. I cannot bring myself to to call that child Henry. That is his father's name. Michael is for Dean who's middle name is Michael. I wanted her to name him Michael Dean, but for some reason she insists on pleasing that loser boyfriend of hers. It's not the children's fault and I have to remember that.
__________________________________________________
Sorry for the lapse in blogging. Time seems to slip away from me..............

No comments: