Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Movin' on up

Well, the media frenzy over Bill Cowher resigning has finally died down. There was only one story on HIM this week. That was of him leaving the Steeler offices with a box of stuff from his office. They asked Bill if that's all there was to move out of the office and he said "No. You really accumulate alot of stuff in 15 years! There are four more boxes like this waiting to be brought out."

The media has now shifted to the Rooneys' process of interviewing prospective coaches. It sounds like they will make a decision at the end of the week. Then all that will get back to normal...........
___________________________________

Is there really a such thing as normal? I claim to have a normal life. Do I? I go to work everyday, come home to my husband who makes dinner, we eat, I do the dishes, watch some tv or dink on the computer, got to bed and do it all again the rest of the week. On the weekends, we go to breakfast, then do whatever activity we have chosen for the day. It could be doing laundry, cleaning, spending time with Jordan, going to the RV show, running errands and so on. It sounds normal to me, but is it?

I always swore that I would not be like my mother. I think I have accomplished that. She didn't go anywhere or do anything. She went to work, came home made dinner, did the dishes, sat and watched tv and went to bed. BUT, she had a schedule for the house. Monday-wash day. Tuesday-ironing. Wednesday-dust and run the sweeper. I don't know what Thursday was, and Friday, come hell or high water was cleaning day, dammit! I decide I did not want my routine to be that rigid. She didn't do anything until the chores were done and lord forbid if they weren't done on the scheduled day! When dad retired from the mill, he did alot to help her. He did dinner dishes, helped clean the house. Then when mom couldn't eat solid food any more after her cancer surgery, she felt she didn't have to cook any more if she didn't eat, so did his own cooking. If it was the day that I was going over to do her hair, then he would cook for the both of us, or the three of us, if Nick was going with me. And the saint that he was, he did the dishes while I went in and did mom's hair.

So, is normal a defined way of life? Is normal just what's normal to you, but may not be normal to other people? I guess it's not like your temperature where 98.6 is normal and you know it. No question. Normal is what's normal for you.
________________________________

Dean and I are getting Jordan this weekend. We are going to celebrate his 1st birthday. It's a week late, but none the less, we are celebrating. I am going to order him a cake, and I just bought him a high chair last weekend, so I guess he'll be going to town on that! Can't wait. I'll post pics on here, for sure.........

1 comment:

--David said...

Normal only means something to those that define it. It's all relative and subjective. On a large scales, what is considered to be 'normal' by the most people usually becomes the norm for the whole, whether or not it is true or 'right.' Look at cult leaders, for example.

For the record, 98.6 is only normal for those folks that 98.6 degrees is their 'regular' temp... I know folks that 98.6 would be a fever! Weird....