Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Do they just make dog food?

Since winter has hit here in the 'Burgh, Hot cereal as an evening snack is consumed more often than not. Quaker Oats. My mom made them. My dad made them. Boiling water and a dash of salt, add the oats and stir for about 3 minutes, dump in the bowl, add sugar and milk. Yum-O!

But another favorite is Ralston. But can ya find it in the freakin' store? NO! The name is from Ralston-Purina. Ya know the people with the red and white checkerboard logo? No a single Purina cereal in the cereal aisle. Do they only make dog food these days? Don't they make hot cereal anymore? I googled the name Ralston and found a website where you could "mail order" the product, but when you click on "order form" it says that is no longer available through mail order. So, I click on the little logo up in the corner that says "Home town Favorites". You can order it through them. Why do I have to order it? Why can't I just get it at the store any more. Yes, I'd like cheese with that whine..........

Maybe I am being too nostalgic. Is that possible? Do I miss my childhood? You wouldn't think so! Not MY childhood any way. I had good times, don't get me wrong, but my mother was something else. She was the disciplinarian and I will never forget the disciplining I got! I am not saying I was an angel--far from it. But not all the "discipline" I got or at least the severity of it was deserved. Maybe I am missing parents quite a bit. Just feeling blue, I guess.

Speaking of my childhood, I found on e-bay the Suzy Homemaker Magic Oven.


Actually, my nephew found it, and I kept searching till I found one it super condition with the original box. I bid on it, so, hopefully, I'll win. Now if I could find the sink, washer and dryer..........But, this is really cool.

TV has been pretty suckie lately. Everything's a damn repeat. I am so bored with it anymore. So, I've been dinkin' around in Photoshop with some pictures I took while we were at Nemacolin Friday night to see the Gunslingers play.
I did all the special effects; the snowflake, the
highlighted edges, adding the Winterfest '07 and
Nemacolin Woodlands on Scott's picture, I added the header to the top of the one of me, Dean and our friends, Lisa
and Tom, and I made th e star shape and added "She Rode the Bull" to Colleen's picture. As some of you already know, Scott is the Lead singer in the Gunslingers and Colleen is his girlfriend. "She Rode the Bull" is a Gunslinger song that has been playing on Froggy Radio and will be on the forth coming CD. So, since Colleen was so enclined to ride the mechanical bull at Nemacolin, I was so enclined to take this picture. I already had the star and the words in my head when I snapped it! The snowflake thing just came to me as I was dinkin' around tonight. Pretty cool, though, huh?
So, it is finally winter. Snow and cold temps. I hate it. The good thing? It's already the end of January and we only have had 2 weeks of winter weather. So, really, we only have February and March and MAYBE some of April for cold weather. But at least April, even though usually cold in the beginning, isn't frigid like it now. So, I am gonna go and try to be warm......................

No comments: