Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Are there people really that STUPID??????

Dean and I have Verizon Wireless for our cell phone service. Or contract was up on Sunday, and we were eligible for phone upgrades of up to $100. But only for one phone. We had to buy the second phone, then we get a slip for a $50 rebate. So we opted for the "Motorola V325i Bluetooth Camera Phone".


The CSA (Customer service agent) is very helpful and gets us resigned and transfers our phone books (contacts/stored phone numbers) to the new phones. BUT, we have to BUY the accessories package which would include the leather case that Dean has on his phone, the car charger, and the earphone. Neither of us use the earphone, so he takes $10 off of the 49.98 he was going to charge us. So, we are out the door of the Verizon Wireless store for 89.98 + tax. We get home and Dean opens the package that contains the car charger and leather case and as he does he notices that there is a price sticker on the back of 29.99! So, did we get ripped off for $10? He called them. The man on the phone said that no, those sell for $39.98. Dean told him, "I'M lookin' at it and it says 29.99." well sir, says the Verizon rep, they are 39.98! Dean says "If I went to Giant Eagle, and there was a package of Steak marked 1.99 a pound, but it rang up at 5.99 a pound, Giant Eagle would have to sell it tom for the 1.99 per pound. The rep said " We're not Giant Eagle" Dean is going back to the Verizon store with the package..........




So, as I am looking throught the User's Guide for our new phones, I come accross a page titled "Use and Care". Then below that it reads "To take care of your Motorola phone, please keep it away from: (and it lists) liquids of any kind ie. sweat, rain, water, extreme humidity or other moisture. extreme heat and cold, dirt and dust (those 2 are self explanitory), cleaning solutions-to clean your phone, use only a dry cloth. Do not use alcohol or other cleaning solutions. (damn, I was gonna shine it up real good with some Glass Plus), the ground-Don't drop your phone.I had to chuckle at that one) and last, but not least it lists, are you ready for this?-MICROWAVES! Don't try to dry your phone in a microwave oven!!! What? Are you kidding me? Now, you know that some idiot somewhere did this and thus the warning to not do it. Was there someone out there that is really that STUPID? Of course there was. Can you imagine the conversation when he took his cell phone back to the store and told them it didn't work. You know that they asked him what he did to it and he said, well, you see, after the Steeler game, I went to the restroom and had it hooked on my pants. And when I took them down and went to sit down, my phone hit the rim of the bowl, came off my pants and fell in the toilet. So when I got home, I needed to make sure it was really dried out, so I nuked it!!! LOL God, some people's kids!!!!!! They are the typ of people that they had to put the warnings on certain electric appliances that say "Do not use while bathing. Can cause electric shock and/or electrocution" . What do we tell them, Bill?..........

1 comment:

--David said...

"We're not Giant Eagle!?!?!" What the heck kind of response is that!? Yeesh...

I love the warnings on your phone's instructions!! That is hilarious!