Sunday, November 19, 2006

Stuff Rollin' Around in My Cranium (and it's not Richard)

At the lower right, you see The Fabulous Gunslingers (before Frank). Frank is a wonderful addition to the band. He does back up vocals, plays the fiddle, the acoustic guitar and the mandolin. The difference in the sound of the band is AWESOME! You can go to their website and click on media to listen to some of their songs or see a couple of videos.............

Next, Scott Bloomquist. Dean turned me on to him when we were first dating. Watching this man drive is just mesmerizing.They used to say that Dale Earnhardt could see the air coming off the car in front of him. Scott is the Dale Sr. of Dirt Late Models. He can look at a track and pick the right rubber compound of tire. He knows his competition and what he has to do to win. He is a California child who's parents moved to Tennessee so he could get more dirt racing. He has overcome adversity to win races. On his way to one race, the hauler caught fire. They were able to get one race car out of the hauler and I think some of the equipment, got some one else to haul the car, was late to the track and ended up winning. Does he win every race? Hell no. But he is the top money winning driver in 2006. Last I checked it was close to half a mil. Probably over that by now. Plus he builds chassis, has a incredible merchandising business, a wonderful wife, and as of March, a beautiful daughter. You can check out his website as well...............

Well, its Christmas shopping time again. I hate shopping. Not just Christmas shopping, ALL shopping. I hate dealing with the crowds, I hate the cold weather and rain and snow, I hate going to t he mall and "just looking" till something strikes my fancy for Bill, then buy it, lug it home, and wrap it. The getting home part. Why is it that seems that the people that don't drive any other time of year come out and drive to and anround and from the malls? The little q-tip people that shouldn't be driving in the first place cause they're so freakin' old! They pick the time of year when the roads around the mall are the most crowded! They go 3 miles and hour and don't know what store they want to park near, where they need to turn, or if they have the right of way. They stop where there are no stop signs! Why? I'll tell you why! TO DRIVE ME CRAZY, THAT'S WHY!!!!! (no pun intended.) I have resorted to online shopping. Really it's at home catalogue shopping, then I go online and place my order(s). No lines, No rude people, no lugging, no q-tips, no driving!!!! Just point, click and pay, Voila! It's delivered to me at work. Or home. Whichever I choose...............

I think people are confused about the term Pro Life or Pro Choice. Pro Life means that you do not believe in an abortion no matter the circumstance of the woman (or now a days, girl) who has to bear the unwanted child for what ever the reason. Pro Choice means that you think that each individual female shoud be able to make their own personal decision even if you wouldn't choose abortion for yourself. I think that a woman who conceives as a result of rape, or who is too young has the choice of terminating the pregnancy or giving the child up for adoption. What if it were me? I am almost 46 years old. If I got pregnant, You better believe I would terminate the pregnancy in a heartbeat. I am too old, the body is too tired and at my age there are too many risks of an unhealthy child. Downs Syndrome, Autism, to name a couple. Not that I am not a loving and giving person, but I don't think the world needs any more special needs children..............

1 comment:

--David said...

Heya! Sorry I haven't been able to post anything! I have been out of town gettin' in some learnin' and the freaky hotel would not let me post anything - as a comment, or even to my own blog! UGH!

I am a "goal-driven" shopper - make a list, get what's on the list, and get out... I am such that kind of shopper that when Shan gave me the shopping list, I did not get MILK (something we get each week by default) because it was not on the list! What can I say?

As a different view on the Pro Life/Choice thing... I am one of those that believes all life is created for a reason - everything happens for a reason... If someone is raped and there is a child as a result, I believe that child was meant to be on this earth for reasons we may not even understand... Just like when a baby is born and then dies so, so young... Why? I don't know - no one knows... But, that child was placed here for a reason and when that reason had been fulfilled, he/she was taken away... I didnt say it made sense, just how I feel is all.... :-)

Happy Shopping! heh-heh