Thursday, November 23, 2006

JuJu B's and foreign objects; Thanksgiving; miscellaneous crap.....

So, my husband loves me very much. When he goes to the Ghetto Giant Eagle (that would be the one by Kennywood), he always brings me a bag of JuJu B's from the bulk candy aisle. Not a big bag, maybe 1/2 to 3/4's of a pound, but none the less, he brings them about once a week. JuJu B's, if you are not familiar, are tiny fez-shaped fruit candies that are supposed to be gummy like the box of JuJu Fruits you get at the movies, but I like them better stale like the marshmallow peeps. I know, I'm weird. So , in order to thoroughly enjoy them, you must suck on them till they soften enough to actually chew. Dean brings in the bag and sets it on the kitchen counter as always for me to find. So, I snatch the bag and sit down in the recliner in the living room to watch football, keep track of all the winners for all the games since I now am in charge of the weekly football pool at work, and begin eating small handfuls of the delectible little fruity treats. And Bitsy likes them too! Of, course she only gets one at a time......So, about the 3rd handful in, I realize there is something in my mouth that IS NOT a JuJu B! I work it to the front of my mouth and pick it out with my fingers.It seems that some little kid must of used the bulk JuJu B bin to dispose of his or her chewed gum! It was all hard like when you leave gum on the bedpost overnight and stuff, but, ick!!!! And it had to be alittle kid, cause there were teeth (molar) imprints still in it, and they were really tiny. It tasted and smelled like Juicy Fruit, but Dean thought it was a Bit O' Honey when I showed it to him. I called Giant Eagle and get free bag next time we go. I put the foreign object in a snadwich baggie and stapled the baggie to the receipt. The manager told me they were going to dispose of that whole batch of JuJu B's and open a fresh box and put them out. Gooooooooood.
____________________________________

So, today is Thanksgiving. Turkey and all the trimmings, the parade, football all day and Alice's Diner. For you that listen to WDVE, you will know that Alice's Diner is a spoken song (a spoken song is like that of Charlie Daniels' Uneasy Rider-the tune about the guy with long hair that goes into a bar to call a tow truck after he gets a flat and ends up kickin' ole greenteeth right in the knee....) that they play at noon EVERY Thanksgiving. This one is about people dumping garbage somewhere and getting caught. Was never my tradition, but it is Dean's and when you get married, it is nice to culminate traditions from each partner and make the traditions carry on. I wonder if our great great great grandchildren will have so many traditons to honor, that it will become Thanksgiving week.
_____________________________________

So, I am here posting to my blog and generally farting around on the computer because watching TV with Dean makes me dizzy. See, we never watch commercials, and he flips channels with the remote every time the main program we are watching goes to commercial. Then, you are watching that program, and probably just as you want to hear what's next on that show, WHAM! he changes it again! Makes me crazy. But isn't the purpose of this blog to publish the things that make me crazy?.....Sort of like venting, but in writing, right?

I am going to go and pick up Jordan tonight and will have him until Sunday night!!! I can't wait! I am going to take him to Dean's brother's house tonight, Aunt Donna's tomorrow, and to the mall to have his picture taken with Santa! It will be soooooooo fun!!!!!

So, the birds in the oven, the potatoes are peeled, the cauliflower is deheaded, thanks to Dean. I am sure that if my dad was as much help in the kitchen as Dean (of course, he is a trained professional---chef, that is) my Mom wouldn't have hated cooking so much........But, that was the good old days and this is now.........

Some one told my nephew after reading his blog, that it is too much like a diary. As a teenaged girl, I never kept a diary. I didn't think there was any point. My girlfriends were the ones I told all my thoughts to. What was the pupose of writing them down in a book, that you locked up, kept hidden and no one was ever suppposed to read? My luck, my mom would have found it, broken into it and I probably would have gotten in trouble for thinking so and so was cute, or we had junior or senior skip day, things I snuck out to do....man, she would have killed me! My secrets were safer with Pam and Susie than they were if I wrote them in a book and my mom found them! So, if this is a diary, then so be it. I think thoughts are better shared anyway.

I took the dogs to the vet. Turns out that they both have plaque build up on their teeth. Bitsy's is worse than Baileys' but, she's older, too. So, I now have to brush the dogs teeth! Have ya ever brushed a dog's teeth? Not an easy chore! They lock their jaws together so you can't get their mouth open, you have to pry it open, get the toothbrush in, hold them still, hold their head so you can see what you're doing, and brush! Not Easy!

Why do people say that So and So has more money that God? That expression irks the bajeebies outta me!If you believe there is a God, God doesn't have money. He's GOD. A spiritual being. Not mortal. Does NOT NEED money. So where did that come from? To quote Charlie Brown.....
"UUUUHHHHHGGG!"

1 comment:

--David said...

So, the gum, Bit O'Honey, whatever it was, came from INSIDE the container? Now, that is nasty! How could a kid have disposed of it if the thing was closed when you bought it?? UGH! blech!

Umm, well, as for the Alice's Diner tradition... More power to ya.... :-)

As for my "diary," I think it was the play-by-play of some of the posts that was being scrutinized... But, I'm not writing for anyone, really... Or maybe I'm writing for everyone... I dunno.. Whoever reads it, reads it, and if they don't like it, that's okay... :-) I can't make everyone laugh everytime....

Hmm... More money than God... In a weird way, I guess anyone with a penny in his sock would have more money than God... I know most people use it to express TONS of money... Like, "More money than God [could have, if he wanted/needed money]..." Just my 2 cents (which by the way, happens to be more money than God....).