Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A glimpse at Our Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day was also Dean's birthday this year. The old fart is 50! 50! So the pics below show some of his birthday and Thanksgiving.
Due to some very strange circumstances, Nick is living with us now. He is some of the pics too! Jordie loved Uncle Nick. They watched the football games together. And I mean together! You couldn't have gotten a piece of paper between them! Mikey was very busy playing and crawling all over the place! Whew it is tough chasing 2 little ones. They insist on being in the kitchen when you are doing stuff, but I am afraid one of them will get burnt on the oven while the turkey and things are cooking, so we were always sending them out to the living room. While we were cleaning up, Wee Wee followed me into the pantry and I didn't know it. I tripped over him, but fortunately caught myself and didn't drop the box of aluminum foil on his head!



Dean enjoyed his birthday and his ice cream cake. He gets one every year. He is an ice creamaholic! It is a DQ cake, but not the traditional one. He gets a double layer of vanilla with cherry sundae topping in between. No crunchies or fudge for him! And it was supposed to say Happy Birthday to the KING (not Kins).
He and I have been getting each other Hallmark Christmas ornaments for our birthdays since we started dating. So, this year I got him the Hot Wheels car. He always tells the story of his Mom spanking his behind when he got in trouble with that distinct orange section of track........Ah, the memories. If he wouldn't have been such a bad kid, he wouldn't have gotten a beating! I asked him for the one that sings "I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas!" I love that song!
Well, I hope your Thanksgiving was as nice as ours. WE do have lots to be thankful for...........

1 comment:

Shan said...

I LOVE THAT SONG TOO...how cool is that. I didn't know there was an ornament. I sang that song so much one year, Dave bought me a big stuffed hippo. Looks like you had a great day, we did too. You are right...we have so much to be thankful for. Nick looks great, glad the whole family was together for the holidays.