Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stupid Woman Driver; Dude, I gotta Dell & Thank God for Dave; Columbia House

I'm too pissed off for my shirt, too pissed off for my shirt, too pissed off. Come on, now sing it with me (to the tune of I'm Too Sexy for my Shirt) I'm too pissed off for my shirt, too pissed of for my shirt, I'm too pissed off.

Okay, after work I went to the bank to deposit my pay check. I leave the bank and drive to the intersection by McDonald's to turn onto Lebanon Church Road. There are 3 lanes: one to turn left, the middle lane to go straight, and the right lane to do guess what? TURN RIGHT! There's a car in front of me that pulls up to the intersection (she's the first vehicle in line and I am right behind her) and she straddles the right and middle lanes! And she doesn't even pull all the way up like she should. She stops about 10 feet behind the wide white line where your SUPPOSED to stop. So, I blow the horn. She moves up about 3 feet. I blow again. And she moves up a good bit, but doesn't move to the appropriate lane. Now, I have to say that the painted lines that define these lanes have faded, but damn, common sense would tell you that you are blocking a lane when there is someone right on your ass blowing their horn with their right turn signal flashing! And you know the whole time I am in the truck yelling at her and telling her how stupid she is and all that. I wanted to get out of the truck, go up to the big fat black woman's window and say, PICK A LANE!!!! But I didn't. probably would have gotten shot or something. If she would have moved to the left while moving up, I could have gotten past her.Yeah, I was pretty pissed. It used to be the old gray haired men in the Cadillacs. Now it's fat black women in Lexuses. When will it stop? Will people ever learn how to drive? Can't they just use common sense, follow the rules, and drive a couple of miles an hour faster than me when they're in front of me? Is that too much to ask? Is it? I get road rage really badly. Oddly, the subject for tomorrow's morning show is who are better drivers, Men or Women? For me, that's a toss up because I've seen as many bad men drivers as I have seen women. Men complain about women puttin' on their make up while they drive. I've seen men shaving, reading maps, combing their hair, tying their tie, and reading the newspaper, and talking on their cell phone while smoking a cigarette and trying to shift. Driving is a multitasking duty in itself. Don't be doin' all that other stuff too. I talk on my cell phone while I drive, but to me, it's not any different than carrying on a conversation with some one who is actually in the vehicle with you. Dean? No. Doesn't do well talking on the phone and driving at the same time. Hell, he makes me nervous just driving!
__________________________________
Warning: Semi-techie stuff ahead.......Now, if you read previous posts, you know about my computer woes at work. Well, I finally got the disc they said I needed yesterday. I put it in the drive and call Dave. Not . Dave. My nephew. Yeah, he's the one. He tells me what to type and we go back and forth with me telling him what the screen is saying and him telling me what to do. Then it gets to a point where it is going through stuff and Dave says call me back when it gets to 100% or the C prompt or something. Well, 2 hours later, it has gotten to 50% and says corrupt something or other unrecoverable blah blah. I call Dave back. He says "Oh crap!" No, no , no. Not oh crap. I don't want oh crap. I want okay do this and that and it will be all better. No. I get oh crap. Daves' diagnosis is the hard drive is probably fried, at least partly. I get off the phone with him and the dude from Dell calls me and asks me what is happening. I tell him what we (Dave and I) did, but I didn't tell him who we was, and told him what the result was and he said "oh, crap". Is this a tech support term for when things go totally awry? I am thinkin' it is. Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. So dude from Dell says he will send a new hard drive to the tech in my area and have him come put it in for me since his oh crap diagnosis is the same as Dave's. But, that won't be till tomorrow till he gets the drive and once he receives the drive, the tech will call me to tell me his ETA to my office. Well, at 1:30 today, I call the dude at Dell and and leave a voice mail that I haven't heard from the tech can he find out status for me. At 2:00, the tech calls me and says he is about 20 minutes away. Turns out it was 10. So, he comes in, takes the side off the computer, takes out the hard drive puts the new one in, does a diagnostic to make sure the mother board can see the hard drive and oila'! he's done. No software reloaded, nothing. Blank. More blank than when I got the computer in the first place. You would think that the nasty lookin', bad comb over guy would have at least reloaded my software for me. No. Not his job. Call Dave. Dave tells me everything to do and it will take about 35 - 40 minutes for this to load. Bingo! 39 minutes. Man, he's good. So, when it's done, I call him back, he tells me what else to do, I do it and didn't have to call again today. He's probably glad of that. What a pain in the butt of an Aunt that don't know scutta (I would say crap, but that's a technical term used by the pros) about computers. So, we keep the old drive as per Dave's suggestion and it turns out there's a computer place called InSinc up the road from us and Kenny called them to see if they could extract the info from my drive and put it on disc for us to reload so as not to lose too much info. They are willing to try it and it will cost $60. If that doesn't work, then there is the option of removing the disc from inside the drive and getting the info off of it, but that will be to the tune of $1,000. I think that's not happenin' unless I can get it to Dave and back before 10 days is up. Not likely. And Dell is upposed to send the disc for the backup program I use so that I can put in the back up and get the info off of it. Keeps your fingers, legs, toes, and eyes crossed that something in this fiasco goes smoothely.....
_________________________________________
In the mail today there is a box with a DVD in it from Columbia House. Dean and I are members that have fulfilled all obligatory purchases, but have kept our membership in the event something comes out we actully want. So, every month, we get a catalog and an order card to accept or decline that month's Director's Selection. I usually always decline it. I do it online and keep the confimation email from them until I get the next month's. So, the DVD today was Transformers-the movie. That was 2 month's ago that I declined that one! So, it will be sent back tomorrow with a nasty note on the carton. I did choose to accept (now this is a while ago) the Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. Never got that one. Got billed for it. But, never got it. That bill went back with a nasty note on it too. But they never sent the movie. I wonder if they know what they're doing sometimes...............
________________________________
So, that's been my life today. Sucks to be me.............

No comments: